Official Rules for WROC-TV & WUHF-TV
"Makeover Mania Contest 2012"
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Void where restricted by law.
1. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of Rochester, NY television DMA who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Nexstar Broadcasting Company dba News 8 (WROC) or Fox Rochester (WUHF), Continental School of Beauty or their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, and the officers, directors, or employees of their respective affiliates, advertising, or promotion, security, cleaning, licensees and assignees of each and other leased employee agencies and their immediate families or persons residing in the same household of each are not eligible.
Entry is limited to one per person and per IP address and email address. WROC/WUHF reserves the right to exclude entries. If any entry rule is violated, all entries from that person or IP address become null and void.
2. How to Enter: Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. EST Monday,August 13, 2012. Entries must be sent no later than 9:00 a.m. EST, Monday, September 10, 2012. To enter, a viewer will go to www.rochesterhomepage.net, go to Contests tab and Makeover Mania Contest, fill out all the information and submit a photo of herself (no other people in the photo). Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received and subjective opinion of judges. Note that winners may be videotaped for broadcast. All photos submitted are considered property of WROC-TV & WUHF-TV and may be used online or on television in conjunction with this contest or future contests.
3. Selection of winner: All winners are selected by panel of judges based on creativity, humor, composition, originality, and subjective impression. Winner is chosen over a period of days following the deadline for entries, and will be notified within one week of end of contest.
All prize winners may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, advertising and liability release within 1 day of notification or prize will be forfeited. Winners may be asked to provide an official photo ID (New York State License, Official State ID, or Military ID) to verify age and residency. Verification could take up to one hour as identification is verified, waiver/agreement forms are signed and winners may be videotaped for broadcast. If the winner is asked to and declines to provide adequate verification, then he or she forfeits winning and another random drawing will be held to determine a winner. Judges’ decisions are final.
One (1) Grand Prize winner receives:
• $150 “Day of Services” from the students at the Continental School of Beauty (includes a haircut, hair style, and makeup makeover)
(TOTAL PRIZE VALUE = $150)
5. Notification: Winner is chosen over a period of days following the deadline for entries, and will be notified within one week of end of contest. Prize winners will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail and may be required to execute and pick up prize within 1 business days of notification, as well as the affidavit of eligibility and liability, and where legal, a publicity release. Failure to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and release within 1 business days of notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and Sponsors may award it to an alternate winner.
By participating in this promotion and submitting an entry, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decision of the judges. By entering the contest, winners agree to waive any and all claims against the Sponsor, its affiliates, employees, agents, directors, and representatives for any and all claims, including but not limited to personal injury or loss that may occur from the voluntary participation in this contest or from the receipt or use of any prize, and grant to Sponsors the right to publicize such winner's name and/or likeness without additional compensation or consideration unless prohibited by law.
6. General Conditions: Sponsors, their affiliates, employees, agents, directors and representatives are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any contest-related materials; stolen, late, lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, postage due or illegible entries. Sponsor, its affiliates, employees, agents and representatives, or any telephone network or internet service providers are not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate transcription or loss of entry information for any reason whatsoever. If, in the Sponsor's exclusive judgment, this promotion becomes compromised in any way, Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the promotion offer, cancel any method of entry, to void any entries submitted fraudulently or select winners from all eligible entries received prior to act that compromised the promotion. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these official rules including all eligibility requirements. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor or its agents. In the event of dispute, electronic entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at the time of the sweepstakes. The authorized account holder is the person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail address. The judges reserve the right to verify eligibility qualifications of winners and to disqualify any individual they find be acting in violation of the Official Rules. Decisions of contest sponsor judges, WROC-TV/WUHF are final. If the selected winner does not meet official rules and regulations, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Upon forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Sponsor reserves right to change rules at any time during the contest.
7. Winner list: To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope within two weeks of end of contest to:
Attn: Makeover Mania 2012
201 Humboldt Street
Rochester, NY 14610
8. Copy of rules: For a copy of these Official Rules send a standard size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WROC-TV/WUHF, Attn: Promotion Department, 201 Humboldt Street, Rochester, NY 14610. A copy of the official rules can also be obtained during regular business hours Monday-Friday; 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at the front lobby of WROC-TV/WUHF at the address listed above and are also posted at www.rochesterhomepage.net.
Copyright © 2012 Nexstar Broadcasting